A food forest is a forest full of trees and plants that provide hundreds of edible fruits and nuts.
Here is a list of reasons why you should consider creating a food forest
More Fruit Variety, More flavor
- Hundreds of edible varieties with all different flavors, colors and textures.
- An example are apples with over 150 varieties.
- The best chefs around the world are creating their own gardens with multiple varieties to get the best flavors.
- More plant variety, means more seasons to pick edible plants, fruits and nuts.
Benefits the Ecology
- Lowers down C02
- Lowers surrounding temperature when too hot.
- Absorbs excess of water and prevents flooding.
- Hundreds of birds, butterflies, bees and other animals find a new habitat.
- Forests create excellent surroundings for mushrooms
- Cleans the air of general pollution
Impact on human health
- A Variety of studies show that being out in the forest is beneficial for you.
- Being out in nature calmes down nerves and improves work in (... Study)
- Healthy local and organic foods are better for your health, improving immunity.
- Has a positive team spirit aspect.
Healthy employees work better.